Faux fur yarn has hit the fiber community by storm this season! Lion Brand Go For Faux, Knit Picks Fable Fur, and Red Heart Hygge Fur are just a few of your options. The free crochet patterns below will make you want to work with this animal-friendly yarn non-stop. Whether you are a beginner or a faux fur expert - there are free faux fur yarn crochet patterns you will love!
How to Crochet With Faux Fur Yarn
Working with fuzzy and furry yarns can be intimidating, but let me tell you - it’s not as hard as it looks and it’s totally worth it! I’ve designed 3 patterns using faux fur yarn and mention a few tips and tricks for working with it in those patterns. Hint: stitch markers and holding double stranded with a non-fur yarn can help immensely 😉
See Some of my Tips for Crocheting with Faux Fur Yarn in this Faux Fur Pom Video Tutorial
1. Crochet Faux Fur Pom Pom by Left in Knots: What’s a better use for faux fur yarn that to make a faux fur pom?! This is an easy, no-sew way to make faux fur poms for all your crocheted beanies.
2. Audrey Faux Fur Rug by and she laughs: Tapestry crochet and mixing faux fur yarn with bulky acrylic to create a modern print with fabulous texture. This looks like a rug I would want to stand on all day.
3. Crochet Faux Fur Mittens by All About Ami: Oh man, do these look warm! I love that the cuff of these mittens is made with a light weight yarn to keep them on your wrist, and then uses the faux fur yarn to keep your hands warm and toasty.
4. Crossed Fur Ear Warmer by Mama in a Stitch: The Crossed Fur Ear Warmer is a Target copycat pattern and Jessica nailed it! This Warmer is everything you could want; fast, easy, chic and warm.
1. Crochet Sheepskin Rug by One Dog Woof: This free pattern uses chunky yarn and some faux fur to make a beautiful, animal-friendly piece of home decor.
2. Crochet Bangle Bracelet Key Ring by Left in Knots: This crochet bracelet key ring is a game changer when it comes to keeping track of your keys and will be loved by busy moms everywhere! It’s a perfect pattern for your leftover faux fur yarn.
3. Phases Throw Pillow by Left in Knots: This free crochet pattern combines cotton yarn, faux fur yarn and tapestry crochet techniques to create a modern throw pillow for any decor. Made with simple single crochet stitches and double strands of yarn, this pillow is fast to make and easy enough for a beginner.
4. Crochet Faux Fur Throw by Heart Hook Home: This faux fur throw is perfect for cuddling up on the couch. It’s made with Red Heart Yarn Hygge Fur and I want one in all the colors!
1. Faux Fur Vest by Mama in a Stitch: This super simple faux fur vest is easy enough for any beginner and it will be a great addition to your fall and winter wardrobe.
2. Crochet Faux Fur Headband by All About Ami: If you want to get your feet wet with faux fur yarn - this is the pattern for you! This simple yet stylish ear warmer is made with just a bit of faux fur yarn and basic stitches, but the finished result is so chic!
3. Faux Fur Trapper Hat by Yarnutopia: Get your chunky yarn out to make this Faux Fur Trapper Hat. What a cute and modern twist on a classic style!
4. Fur Trimmed Infinity Scarf-to-Wrap by Petals to Picots: Whether you make it a mobius or a classic infinity scarf - I am simply in love with the idea of adding a faux fur trim!
1. Polar Bow Tie Scarf by Modesty by Laura: This keyhole-style faux fur scarf is sure to stay in place and keep you warm all winter! (Side note: this pattern doesn't seem to be available anymore)
2. The Eric Faux Fur Gilet by Peanut and Plum: This cute children’s gilet or vest pattern is written in 12-24 month size, but it looks super simple and easily adjustable! I definitely want to make on of these for my daughter. (Side note: this pattern doesn't seem to be available anymore)
3. Marilyn Faux Fur Pillow by and she laughs: This faux fur diamond print pillow will add some style to any room you put it in! I love the peek of color coming through the faux fur design.
4. Ear Muffs by Lovable Loops: Faux fur yarn makes such great classic ear muffs! These will keep your little one’s ears nice a toasty, and the kitty ears are a fun touch.
More Free Crochet Patterns You'll Love
Find all FREE CROCHET PATTERNS here
This post contains affiliate links. I receive a small commission for any purchases made through these links at no additional charge to you.