Crochet the Coffee Bean Slipper Socks with soft, cozy yarn and the bean stitch. These slippers also make great gifts - even to someone who lives in warmer climates. Keep reading for the free crochet pattern.
Crochet the Coffee Bean Slipper Socks as Part of a Set
I love how cozy and genuinely useful these are for just about anyone. The Coffee Bean Slipper Socks have a cozy, squishy ankle cuff made with the bean stitch. They also complement the Coffee Bean Infinity Scarf, Beanie, Ear Warmer and Mittens - patterns that have been included in previous collections of the Seven Days of Scarfie.
Seven Days of Scarfie Collection #6
This pattern is part of my Seven Days of Scarfie pattern collections. Whether you are new to Seven Days of Scarfie or you have been making along with me every single year; I am so happy you are joining in the fun! Seven Days of Scarfie started on a total whim in 2016, and I have gotten so much positive feedback on the patterns that I just keep going with it every year.
I hope that you love each of these pattern collections as much as I do!
- START HERE: This will give you all the information you need about the supplies you will need, you can find the patterns I have released so far in this year’s collection along with the patterns from previous Seven Days of Scarfie pattern collections.
- If you want to interact with others participating in Seven Days of Scarfie, I urge you to join my Facebook Community.
- If you want to be notified of each new Seven Days of Scarfie pattern directly – please sign up for my Newsletter
- If you are on Instagram I would LOVE to see your work! Use @leftinknots and #sevendaysofscarfie so I can see it!
Warm, Bean Stitch Slippers Perfect for Any Season
The thing I love best about including slipper socks in the Seven Days of Scarfie Pattern Collection is that they are easily adjustable in size, and they are a really pretty AND practical piece. Even someone living in a warmer climate needs slippers!
Show off Your Crochet Projects
Coffee Bean Slipper Socks in 3 Sizes - Free Crochet Pattern
- Approx. 180 yards of Lion Brand Scarfie Yarn (‘Cream/Taupe’ pictured) or a comparable Category 4 yarn.
- H/5.0mm crochet hook - I love Clover Amour
- Scissors - I always keep these travel scissors in my hook case
- Yarn needle
Abbreviations (written in U.S. terms):
- st: stitch
- sl st: slip stitch
- ch: chain
- SC: single crochet
- HDC: half double crochet
- HDC2Tog: half double crochet two together
- Bean: bean stitch
Related Video Tutorials (this is the video for the baby bean stitch, NOT the bean stitch. But the general construction is the same)
How to Crochet the Baby Bean Stitch (find the left handed video here)
8 sts x 6 rows = 2” in HDC
Width at ankle: 4”
Width at foot: 4”
Heel to toe (small): 8”
Heel to toe (medium): 9”
Heel to toe (large): 10”
- The chain stitches at the beginning of each row/round do not count as a stitch.
- The end of each round is attached to the first st of the round with a sl st
- This pattern is written to fit an average adult. The size can easily be adjusted by adding or subtracting rounds.
- I used a fairly tight tension for this project, please check your gauge so the slippers fit properly.
- Please be careful when wearing these on hard floors. You may add puffy fabric paint for extra traction if desired.
Instructions (make 2)
Start with a magic circle
Round 1: ch 1, Work 10 HDC into magic circle, pull tight (10)
Round 2: ch 1, 2 HDC in each st around (20)
Round 3: ch 1, *2 HDC, HDC repeat from * around (30)
(Small) Round 4-18: ch 1, HDC around
(Medium) Round 4-20: ch 1, HDC around
(Large) Round 4-22: ch 1, HDC around
**This section of the slipper should cover the top of your foot up to your ankle (it is ok if it has to stretch just a little bit to do so). You will now start working back and forth in rows.**
Row 1-7: ch 1, HDC in 20 sts (20) Turn.
Row 8: ch 1, HDC2Tog across (10). Turn.
Row 9: ch 1, HDC2Tog across (5). Turn
Row 10: ch 1, HDC2Tog, HDC, HDC2Tog (3). Turn
**Do not cut your yarn. Turn your slipper sock right side out. You will now be working in rounds around the ankle portion of the slipper**
Round 1: ch 1, SC evenly around the ankle opening so that you have 36 stitches around (36)
Round 2: ch 1, HDC around.
Round 3: ch 1, *HDC2Tog, HDC in 4, repeat from * around 5 more times (30).
Round 4-7: ch 2, *bean, ch 1, skip 1, repeat from * around (15 bean sts). Attach to the first st of the round with a sl st.
Round 8: ch 1, SC around (30)
Tie off yarn and weave in ends.
More Free Crochet Patterns You'll Love
Find all of my FREE CROCHET PATTERNS here
Now the legal stuff...You may sell items made from this pattern, but please credit me as the original designer. Also, please do not share the written pattern in print or electronically. The photos on this webpage belong to Megan Meyer of Left in Knots and may not be used for product sales/product listings. You may share a link back to my blog if you would like someone else to see or work with this pattern. Thank you for your cooperation and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me!
This post contains affiliate links. I receive a small commission for any purchases made through these links at no additional charge to you.