This Bean Stitch Infinity Scarf is going to be a fast and beautiful gift for someone you care about, and it is so squishy and warm. Keep reading for the free Coffee Bean Infinity Scarf crochet pattern.
Crochet the Bean Stitch to Make a Pillow Soft Infinity Scarf
The bean stitch used in this pattern is an extremely quick and easy stitch, and each of those "beans" is like a squishy pillow around your neck. This stitch is easy enough even for a beginner crocheter.
Seven Days of Scarfie Crochet Pattern Collection #2
This pattern is part of my Seven Days of Scarfie pattern collections. Whether you are new to Seven Days of Scarfie or you have been making along with me every single year; I am so happy you are joining in the fun! Seven Days of Scarfie started on a total whim in 2016, and I have gotten so much positive feedback on the patterns that I just keep going with it every year.
I hope that you love each of these pattern collections as much as I do!
- START HERE: This will give you all the information you need about the supplies you will need, you can find the patterns I have released so far in this year’s collection along with the patterns from previous Seven Days of Scarfie pattern collections.
- If you want to interact with others participating in Seven Days of Scarfie, I urge you to join my Facebook Community.
- If you want to be notified of each new Seven Days of Scarfie pattern directly – please sign up for my Newsletter
- If you are on Instagram I would LOVE to see your work! Use @leftinknots and #sevendaysofscarfie so I can see it!
Show off Your Crochet Projects
Don’t forget to share pictures of your projects with me in my Facebook Group or by tagging @leftinknots on Instagram. I can’t wait to see what you make!
Coffee Bean Infinity Scarf - Free Crochet Pattern
- One skein of Lion Brand Scarfie yarn (‘Cream/Taupe’ pictured) or approx. 312 yds. of a comparable category 5 bulky yarn.
- 6.5mm crochet hook (I use Clover Amour)
- Yarn needle
- Scissors - I always keep these travel scissors in my hook case
Abbreviations (written in U.S. terms):
- ch: chain
- Bean: bean stitch
Bean stitch: insert hook into stitch, YO, pull up a loop, YO, insert hook into same stitch, YO, pull up a loop, YO, insert hook into same stitch, YO, pull up a loop, YO, pull through all 6 loops on your hook.
Helpful Video Tutorials
**Please Note: this video demonstrates the 'Baby Bean stitch'...the 'Bean Stitch' has one additional YO/pull up a loop for a total of 6 loops on your hook (as described above). I am sharing this video so that you can see the basic process.**
Gauge: 5 sts x 5 rows = 4” square in bean stitch pattern
Length (before joining) = 66"
Width = 8"
- ch sts at the beginning of rows do not count as a stitch
- To adjust the width of the cowl, just make sure your starting chain is an even number.
- To adjust the length of this cowl, add or subtract rows as you like.
Row 1: Bean in second ch from the hook, ch 1, skip 1, *Bean, ch 1, skip 1, repeat from * across. (9 Bean sts). Turn
Row 2-92: ch 1, *Bean, ch 1, skip 1, repeat from * across (9 Bean sts). Turn
When you reach the end of Row 92 (or your desired length. Tie off yarn and leave a long (2-3') tail. Using a yarn needle, sew Row 92 to your foundation chain to form your infinity scarf.
More Free Crochet Patterns You'll Love
Find all FREE CROCHET PATTERNS here
Now the legal stuff...You may sell items made from this pattern, but please credit me as the original designer. Also, please do not share the written pattern in print or electronically. The photos on this webpage belong to Megan Meyer of Left in Knots and may not be used for product sales/product listings. You may share a link back to my blog if you would like someone else to see or work with this pattern. Thank you for your cooperation and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting free patterns and yarn deals from Left in Knots!