The Winter Rays Scarf is a triangle scarf crochet pattern perfect for adding some unique style to your scarf collection. Use just one skein of Lion Brand Scarfie yarn and this free crochet pattern to make one for yourself.
This pattern uses just under 1 skein of Scarfie yarn, though you could certainly continue the stitch pattern if you wanted it a bit longer to use up the rest.
Seven Days of Scarfie Crochet Pattern Collection #1
This pattern is part of my Seven Days of Scarfie pattern collections. Whether you are new to Seven Days of Scarfie or you have been making along with me every single year; I am so happy you are joining in the fun! Seven Days of Scarfie started on a total whim in 2016, and I have gotten so much positive feedback on the patterns that I just keep going with it every year.
I hope that you love each of these pattern collections as much as I do!
- START HERE: This will give you all the information you need about the supplies you will need, you can find the patterns I have released so far in this year’s collection along with the patterns from previous Seven Days of Scarfie pattern collections.
- If you want to interact with others participating in Seven Days of Scarfie, I urge you to join my Facebook Community.
- If you want to be notified of each new Seven Days of Scarfie pattern directly – please sign up for my Newsletter
- If you are on Instagram I would LOVE to see your work! Use @leftinknots and #sevendaysofscarfie so I can see it!
Show off Your Crochet Projects
Winter Rays Scarf - Free Crochet Pattern
- One skein of Lion Brand Scarfie-I used 'Cream/Mustard'
- 7.0 mm crochet hook (I use Clover Amour)
- Yarn needle
- Scissors (I always keep these travel scissors in my hook case)
- Brooch or shawl pin (optional)
- Ch: chain
- sl st: slip stitch
- SC: single crochet
- HDC: half-double crochet
- DC: double crochet
- DCX: Double crochet X-stitch- YO, skip one stitch and insert hook into the next st. YO, pull through st, YO, pull through 2 loops, YO, pull through 2 loops. YO, insert hook into the previously skipped stitch, YO, pull through st, YO, pull through 2 loops, YO, pull through 2 loops.
Length = approx. 36"
Width = approx. 22"
6 sts x 6 rows = 2" in SC
- Chain stitches at the beginning of a row do not count as a stitch
Row 1: SC in the second ch from the hook and SC across (2) Turn
Row 2: Ch 1, 2 SC, SC across (3) Turn
Row 3: Ch 2, DCX, DC in last st of the row (1 DCX) Turn
Row 4: Ch 1, 2 SC, SC across (4) Turn
Row 5: Ch 1, SC across, 2 SC in last st of the row (5) Turn
Row 6: Ch 1, HDC, *sl st, HDC, repeat from * across (5) Turn
Row 7: Ch 1, SC across, 2 SC in last st of the row (6) Turn
Row 8: Ch 1, 2 SC, SC across (7) Turn
Row 9: Ch 2, DCX across, DC in last st of the row (3 DCX) Turn
Rows 10-87: Repeat Rows 4-9. Row 87 will have 29 DCX sts across. Turn
Row 88: Ch 1, 2 SC, SC across (60) Turn
Row 89: Ch 1, SC across, 2 SC in last st of the row (61) Turn
Row 90: Ch 1, HDC, *sl st, HDC, repeat from * across (61) Turn
Row 91: Ch 1, SC across, 2 SC in last st of the row (62) Turn
Row 92: Ch 1, SC across (62). Tie off yarn and weave in ends.
More Free Crochet Patterns You'll Love
Find all FREE CROCHET PATTERNS here
Now the legal stuff...You may sell items made from this pattern, but please credit me as the original designer. Also, please do not share the written pattern in print or electronically. The photos on this webpage belong to Megan Meyer of Left in Knots and may not be used for product sales/product listings. You may share a link back to my blog if you would like someone else to see or work with this pattern. Thank you for your cooperation and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting free patterns and yarn deals from Left in Knots!