Crochet alphabet S T U squares can be made easily with single crochet stitches and cross stitch. Or if you would like bigger squares, try using these graphs for a C2C crochet project. Keep reading for the free crochet pattern.
Crochet Alphabet S T U Squares with Animals
These animal pixel charts can be used for all kinds of crafts including crochet! S is for Sheep, T is for Turtle, and U is for Unicorn. This is the seventh block in the Grids for Kids series! This free crochet pattern and tutorial will teach you how to cross stitch on crochet. Then you can make a plush block or use them as blanket squares.
Pixel Charts for Animal Alphabet Blocks
Grids for Kids Block A-C: A is for Ant, B is for Bunny, C is for Chipmunk. This post also contains information about starting the project, finished product sizes, and of course has the pixel graphs for the first block
Grids for Kids Block D-F: D is for Dog (or Deer), E is for Elephant, F is for Fox
Grids for Kids Block G-I: G is for Gecko, H is for Hippo, I is for Inchworm
Grids for Kids Block J-L: J is for Jellyfish, K is for Koala, L is for Lion
Grids for Kids Block M-O: M is for Monkey, N is for Narwhal, O is for Owl
Grids for Kids Block P-R: P is for Penguin, Q is for Quetzal, R is for Raccoon
Grids for Kids Block V-X: V is for Vampire Bat, W is for Whale, X is for X-ray Tetra
Grids for Kids Block Y-Z: Y is for Yak, Z is for Zebra
Crochet Cross Stitch Video Tutorial: I have also made a quick video tutorial on how I cross stitch on crochet. I hope you find it helpful!
Assembling a Crochet Block Video Tutorial: This video shows you how I have been assembling my blocks. It is a method that can be used with any size of project!
My collaborator in this project has been my 18 month old daughter. She is saying quite a few words now, and so I wanted to make sure that she could recognize all the animals! The sheep ("baa baa") and turtle (she uses sign language for this word) passed with flying colors! The unicorn got a "nay nay" (horse)-which I figure is close enough! I hope you enjoy the graphs of block #7!
Show Off Your Crochet Projects
Don’t forget to share pictures of your projects with me in my Facebook Group or by tagging @leftinknots on Instagram. I can’t wait to see what you make!
S is for Sheep
- Black (any): Letter S, eyes, nose
- White (any): Face
- Vanna's Choice 'Charcoal Grey': Muzzle
- Vanna's Choice 'Silver Heather': Hair
- Loops and Threads Impeccable 'Lavender': Background
T is for Turtle
- Black (any): Letter T, eyes, mouth
- White (any): Eyes
- Loops and Threads Impeccable 'Kelly Green': Turtle shell
- Red Heart Super Saver 'Spring Green': Face, feet
- Red Heart With Love 'Violet': Background
U is for Unicorn
- Black (any): Letter U, eyes, nose
- White (any): Eye
- I Love This Yarn 'White Sparkle': Horn
- Vanna's Choice Baby 'Aqua': Body
- Loops and Threads Impeccable 'Brite Sky Blue': Face shadow
- Loops and Threads Impeccable 'Cherry': Red mane
- Crafters Secret 'Orange': Orange mane
- Red Heart Super Saver 'Bright Yellow': Yellow mane
- Vanna's Choice 'Lime': Green mane
- Red Heart with Love 'Peacock': Blue mane
- Red Heart With Love 'Violet': Purple mane
More Free Crochet Patterns You'll Love
Find all FREE CROCHET PATTERNS here
Now the legal stuff...You may sell items made from this pattern, but please credit me as the original designer. Also, please do not share the written pattern in print or electronically. The photos on this webpage belong to Megan Meyer of Left in Knots and may not be used for product sales/product listings. You may share a link back to my blog if you would like someone else to see or work with this pattern. Thank you for your cooperation and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for helping to support free patterns and yarn deals on Left in Knots!