Crochet baskets are a perfect decor project to work on when you are done with cold weather projects! Crochet baskets are one of my favorites to make because they can be an easy and affordable DIY update to your decor, and you can find patterns in any style you could imagine from farmhouse to modern!
These basket patterns vary from fast, one skein projects to larger, more intricate decor pieces. Use them for organizing in your spring cleaning efforts, give your kids a new place to put their toys, or use them as a housewarming gift basket. Your options are endless!
1. Color Block Crochet Basket by 1 Dog Woof: I. Love. Color Block! Color block basically means selecting a few of your favorite colors and working them into one beautiful project. In this case, this big, chunky GORGEOUS basket pattern by 1 Dog Woof.
2. Easy Crochet Basket by Make and Do Crew: Right along with color block, I also love stripes. I love that you can vary the size, shape and color as you wish. As with color block, I also love that the color combinations are virtually endless. This pretty basket from Make and Do Crew is simple and stunning!
3. Crochet Desktop Stacker Baskets by Left in Knots: I designed these nesting baskets to keep on my desk as both a decoration and a functional organizer for my crochet supplies. I love using these for my extra hooks, and if I need more storage space I can separate them and use them individually. I also think these would make a darling DIY housewarming gift. Just add a candle or some bath salts!
4. Crochet Hanging Baskets on Dowel by Red Heart Yarns: Hanging baskets are another way to mix decor with function and I think these are so great for a desk or office area! Made with nylon, these baskets are going to hold up to whatever you put in them without stretching out.
5. Koala Crochet Basket by Yarnspirations: I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love this cute little koala basket! Any kid would love to have this one, and it could even be using in the bathroom to hold a water cup. Swap the grey yarn for brown and you could easily turn this into a teddy bear basket, too!
6. Crochet Clutter Catcher Baskets by Yarnspirations: I am a mom of two young children, and I am here to tell you that more storage solutions are ALWAYS needed. At least they are in my home! I love that these Clutter Catcher baskets are made with chunky blanket yarn. You can make them quickly in bright colors in 3 different sizes depending on your toy chaos needs 😉
7. Crochet Cables Basket by Red Heart Yarns: I always love patterns that make me branch out to try something new, and if you have been wanting to try crochet cables then this basket it for you! Made with chunky yarn, this colorful basket will work up quickly and add some awesome texture to your decor!
8. Crochet Yarn Stash Basket by Oombawka Design Crochet: I mentioned that I always seem to need more storage for my kids’ stuff right? Well, ditto in regards to my crochet supplies and office area. I feel like I can never have too many baskets or trays to store my hooks, stitch markers, WIPs, etc. This Yarn Stash basket looks like the perfect addition to my desk.
9. Crochet Charming Color Block Baskets by Red Heart Yarns: These easy crochet baskets can be made to fit any style of decor. Simple, chic and totally on trend!
10. Crochet Bouncing Baskets by Moogly: This basket can take your stripe work up a notch! Again, pick your favorite colors and then use the interested stitch pattern that Moogly used to crochet this Bouncing Basket. I think these would be fun for kids’ rooms, too!
More Free Crochet Patterns You'll Love
Find all FREE CROCHET PATTERNS here
This post contains affiliate links. I receive a small commission for any purchases made through these links at no additional charge to you.