Crochet the Puffs Mod Scarf with just one skein of Lion Brand Scarfie yarn. Puff stitches and a triangular shape make this scarf modern and textured. Add tassels for a finishing touch. Keep reading for the free crochet pattern.
The more I work with it, the more I realize how much fun Scarfie is to work with! The wool content in this yarn makes it lofty and squishy and oh so warm and comfy. See all those puff stitches in the scarf? They are all like tiny little pillows just waiting to hug your neck.
Seven Days of Scarfie Crochet Pattern Collection #1
This pattern is part of my Seven Days of Scarfie pattern collections. Whether you are new to Seven Days of Scarfie or you have been making along with me every single year; I am so happy you are joining in the fun! Seven Days of Scarfie started on a total whim in 2016, and I have gotten so much positive feedback on the patterns that I just keep going with it every year.
I hope that you love each of these pattern collections as much as I do!
- START HERE: This will give you all the information you need about the supplies you will need, you can find the patterns I have released so far in this year’s collection along with the patterns from previous Seven Days of Scarfie pattern collections.
- If you want to interact with others participating in Seven Days of Scarfie, I urge you to join my Facebook Community.
- If you want to be notified of each new Seven Days of Scarfie pattern directly – please sign up for my Newsletter
- If you are on Instagram I would LOVE to see your work! Use @leftinknots and #sevendaysofscarfie so I can see it!
Show off Your Crochet Projects
Puffs Mod Scarf - Free Crochet Pattern
- Lion Brand Scarfie Yarn - one COMPLETE skein for the scarf. I had to borrow from a second skein for the tassels.
- I/5.5 mm crochet hook (I used Clover Amour)
- Yarn needle
- Scissors (I always keep these travel scissors in my hook case)
- Tassel Maker or Pom Pom Maker (optional)
- Ch: chain
- HDC: half-double crochet
- HDC2tog: half-double crochet two together
- Puff: (Yarn over hook and pull up a loop) repeat 5 times in the next stitch. You will have 11 loops on your hook. Yarn over and pull through all 11 loops.
11 sts x 8 rows in HDC = 4" square
- Length = approx. 52" without tassels
- Width (at widest point) = approx. 13"
- The chain stitches at the beginning of each row do not count as a stitch.
- The increases and decreases in this pattern should always occur on the same side of the pattern
- The scarf itself took one whole skein of Scarfie yarn! I had to borrow from another skein for the tassels.
Row 1: HDC in second ch from the hook and HDC across (2) . Turn
Row 2: Ch 1, 2 HDC, HDC (3). Turn
Row 3: Ch 1, HDC, Puff, HDC. (1 puff) Turn
Row 4: Ch 1, 2 HDC, HDC across (4). Turn
Row 5: Ch 1, HDC across, 2 HDC in last st (5). Turn
Row 6: Ch 1, HDC, *Puff, HDC, repeat from *across. (2 puffs). Turn
Row 7: Ch 1, HDC across, 2 HDC in last st (6). Turn
Row 8: Ch 1, 2 HDC, HDC across (7). Turn
Row 9: Ch 1, HDC *Puff, HDC, repeat from * across. (3 puffs) Turn
Row 10-50: Repeat rows 4-9 respectively. Row 50 will be a repeat of Row 8 and will be 35 HDC across.
Row 51: Ch 1, HDC across (35) Turn
Row 52: Ch 1, 2 HDC, HDC across (36). Turn
Row 53: Ch 1, HDC across (36). Turn
Row 54: Ch 1, HDC2Tog, HDC across (35). Turn
Row 55: Ch 1, HDC across (35). Turn
Row 56: Ch 1, HDC2Tog, HDC across (34). Turn
Row 57: Ch 1, HDC across, HDC2Tog in the last two sts (33). Turn
Row 58: Ch 1, HDC, *Puff, HDC, repeat from * across (16 puffs). Turn
Row 59: Ch 1, HDC across, HDC2Tog in the last two sts (32). Turn
Row 60: Ch 1, HDC2Tog, HDC across (31). Turn
Row 61: Ch 1, HDC, *Puff, HDC, repeat from * across (15 puffs). Turn
Rows 62-103: Repeat Rows 56-61 respectively, Row 103 will be a "Puff" row with 1 puff.
Row 104: Ch 1, HDC across (3) Turn
Row 105: Ch 1, HDC, HDC2Tog (2) Cut and tie off yarn, weave in ends. Add tassels or pom poms for embellishment if desired.
More Free Crochet Patterns You'll Love
Find all of my FREE CROCHET PATTERNS here
Now the legal stuff...You may sell items made from this pattern, but please credit me as the original designer. Also, please do not share the written pattern in print or electronically. The photos on this webpage belong to Megan Meyer of Left in Knots and may not be used for product sales/product listings. You may share a link back to my blog if you would like someone else to see or work with this pattern. Thank you for your cooperation and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting free patterns and yarn deals from Left in Knots!