The simple construction and button accent of the Classic Crochet Wrap Scarf will make it a perfect gift for anyone. Keep reading for the free crochet pattern.
A Wide Crochet Scarf with Button Accent
A wide crochet scarf is ALWAYS a classic. The secure and comfortable fit of the scarf will ensure the wearer stays warm and stylish while accenting their fall or winter wardrobe. The faux button closure adds an accent that is optional and a really nice finishing touch.
Seven Days of Scarfie Collection #5
This pattern is part of my Seven Days of Scarfie pattern collections. Whether you are new to Seven Days of Scarfie or you have been making along with me every single year; I am so happy you are joining in the fun! Seven Days of Scarfie started on a total whim in 2016, and I have gotten so much positive feedback on the patterns that I just keep going with it every year.
I hope that you love each of these pattern collections as much as I do!
- START HERE: This will give you all the information you need about the supplies you will need, you can find the patterns I have released so far in this year’s collection along with the patterns from previous Seven Days of Scarfie pattern collections.
- If you want to interact with others participating in Seven Days of Scarfie, I urge you to join my Facebook Community.
- If you want to be notified of each new Seven Days of Scarfie pattern directly – please sign up for my Newsletter
- If you are on Instagram I would LOVE to see your work! Use @leftinknots and #sevendaysofscarfie so I can see it!
Crochet a Wrap Style Scarf
If you need a go-to gifting scarf for everyone on your list - the Classic Wrap Scarf is it! If you prefer a longer, skinnier scarf this pattern would be easy enough to adjust by lengthening the starting chain. This Mushroom/Blush color is new this year and it is such a beautiful blend of neutrals!
Show off Your Crochet Projects
Classic Wrap Scarf - Free Crochet Pattern
- Approx. 312 yards of Lion Brand Scarfie Yarn (‘Mushroom/Blush’ pictured) or a comparable Category ⅘ yarn. (Find wool-free yarn substitutes here)
- I/5.5mm crochet hook - I love Clover Amour
- Scissors - I always keep these travel scissors in my hook case
- Yarn needle
- (Optional) shawl pin or 2” button
Abbreviations (written in U.S. terms):
- st(s): stitch/stitches
- ch: chain
- HDC: half double crochet
- DC: double crochet
- DCX: double crochet X: skip one st, DC in the next, then go back and DC in the st that you skipped.
Length (narrow edge): 45”
Length (long edge): 57”
- The chain stitches at the beginning of each row do not count as a stitch
Row 1: HDC in 2nd ch from the hook and HDC across (114). Turn.
Row 2-4: ch 2, 2 HDC in first st, HDC across, 2 HDC in last st (116, 118, 120 respectively). Turn.
Row 5: ch 2, DC, DCX across, DC in last st (120). Turn.
Row 6-9: ch 2, 2 HDC in first st, HDC across, 2 HDC in last st (122, 124, 126, 128 respectively). Turn.
Row 10: ch 2, DC, DCX across, DC in last st (128). Turn.
Row 11-14: ch 2, 2 HDC in first st, HDC across, 2 HDC in last st (130, 132, 134, 136 respectively). Turn.
Row 15: ch 2, DC, DCX across, DC in last st (136). Turn.
Row 16-19: ch 2, 2 HDC in first st, HDC across, 2 HDC in last st (138, 140, 142, 144 respectively). Turn.
At the end of Row 14, tie off yarn and weave in ends. Fold scarf in half. Sewing both layers of the scarf together, attach a button on the narrower edge of the scarf.
More Free Crochet Patterns You'll Love
Find all FREE CROCHET PATTERNS here
Now the legal stuff...You may sell items made from this pattern, but please credit me as the original designer. Also, please do not share the written pattern in print or electronically. The photos on this webpage belong to Megan Meyer of Left in Knots and may not be used for product sales/product listings. You may share a link back to my blog if you would like someone else to see or work with this pattern. Thank you for your cooperation and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me!
This post contains affiliate links. I receive a small commission for any purchases made through these links at no additional charge to you.