Use just one skein of yarn to crochet a button accent infinity scarf using one of the new Lion Brand Scarfie colors. Keep reading for the free crochet pattern.
Use a New Stitch to Crochet the Button Accent Infinity Scarf
I’ve used the Spike V-Stitch in a few patterns lately because I love the texture it creates! It does not disappoint when you combine it with Lion Brand Scarfie yarn either. I put together a video tutorial so that you can see how to crochet the Spike V-Stitch in case it’s a new one for you.
Seven Days of Scarfie Pattern Collection #5
This pattern is part of my Seven Days of Scarfie pattern collections. Whether you are new to Seven Days of Scarfie or you have been making along with me every single year; I am so happy you are joining in the fun! Seven Days of Scarfie started on a total whim in 2016, and I have gotten so much positive feedback on the patterns that I just keep going with it every year.
I hope that you love each of these pattern collections as much as I do!
- START HERE: This will give you all the information you need about the supplies you will need, you can find the patterns I have released so far in this year’s collection along with the patterns from previous Seven Days of Scarfie pattern collections.
- If you want to interact with others participating in Seven Days of Scarfie, I urge you to join my Facebook Community.
- If you want to be notified of each new Seven Days of Scarfie pattern directly – please sign up for my Newsletter
- If you are on Instagram I would LOVE to see your work! Use @leftinknots and #sevendaysofscarfie so I can see it!
A Crochet Infinity Scarf that is Easy to Customize
I made this scarf into an infinity scarf and added some buttons as a faux closure accent. If infinity scarves aren’t your style you can easily leave this unconnected and wear it as a tradition scarf as well.
Show off Your Crochet Projects
Don’t forget to share pictures of your projects with me in my Facebook Group or by tagging @leftinknots on Instagram. I can’t wait to see what you make!
Candied Ginger Infinity Scarf - Free Crochet Pattern
- One skein of Lion Brand Scarfie Yarn (‘Ice/Gold’ pictured) or approx. 312 yards of a comparable Category 4 or 5 yarn. Find some of my substitution suggestions here.
- I/5.5mm crochet hook - I love Clover Amour.
- Yarn needle
- Scissors - I always keep these travel scissors in my hook case
Abbreviations (written in U.S. terms):
- ch: chain
- HDC: half double crochet
- DC: double crochet
- DCV: double crochet v-stitch
- DCSV: Double crochet spike v-stitch
Double Crochet V-Stitch: (DC, ch 1, DC) in the next st space.
Double Crochet Spike V-Stitch: (DC, ch 1, DC) while inserting your hook one row below your next st space
Related Video Tutorials:
Learn how to crochet the Double Crochet Spike V-Stitch - Right Handed
Learn how to crochet the Double Crochet Spike V-Stitch - Left Handed
Length (before joining): 73”
- The chain stitches at the beginning of each row do not count as a stitch.
- In this pattern, DCSV stitches will always be working into the ch space of the v-stitch two rows prior.
*If you love Seven Days of Scarfie and want to help me in a very simple way - I would appreciate any and all Pins and Ravelry saves! It helps me out so much! Thank you 💜
Row 1: HDC in the second ch from the hook and HDC across (17). Turn.
Row 2: ch 2, DC, sk 1, DCV, *sk 2, DCV, repeat from * 3 more times, sk 1, DC in the last st of the row. Turn.
Row 3: ch 1, HDC across. Turn.
Row 4: ch 2, DC, sk 1, DCSV, *sk 2, DCSV, repeat from * 3 more times, DC in the last st of the row. Turn.
Row 5-130: Repeat Row 3 for odd rows and Row 4 for even rows.
Tie off yarn leaving a long tail. Use the tail and a needle to sew the ends together with a slight overlap. Attach buttons as desired as an accent.
More Free Crochet Patterns You'll Love
Find all FREE CROCHET PATTERNS here
Now the legal stuff...You may sell items made from this pattern, but please credit me as the original designer. Also, please do not share the written pattern in print or electronically. The photos on this webpage belong to Megan Meyer of Left in Knots and may not be used for product sales/product listings. You may share a link back to my blog if you would like someone else to see or work with this pattern. Thank you for your cooperation and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me!
This post contains affiliate links. I receive a small commission for any purchases made through these links at no additional charge to you.