Crochet is so much more versatile than you could ever imagine! Garments are most commonly associated with knitting, but over the past few years so many beautiful crochet cardigans have been designed. Whether you need a warm and cozy sweater for fall or a light and breezy top for sunny days, here are 15 free crochet patterns for crochet cardigans that I love!
1. Everyday Crochet Cardigan by Sewrella: A great wardrobe staple!
2. The Staycation Cardigan by Make and Do Crew: This one looks perfect for fall. And that deep green color is one of my favs!
3. Colorblock Cardigan by Croyden Crochet: Since this one uses Lion Brand Mandala, the color combinations are endless. And I love that it has a hood!
4. Any Day Cardigan by Red Heart: With an open fabric, this one looks perfect for transitioning to cooler fall temps.
5. Faded Mist Topper Cardi by Mama in a Stitch: Opps! Sorry guys, I made the images for this post and then realized that this isn't actually free pattern. But you can purchase it as a kit from Lion Brand Yarn (you get all the yarn and pattern you need to make the cardi). And since I promised you 15 free cardigan patterns, The Barcelona Cardigan is another free pattern from Mama in a Stitch and equally as fabulous!
6. Harold Cardigan by Two of Wands: I love that this one buttons closed.
7. Easy Breezy Summer Cardi by The Hook Nook: Just like it says, this one would be perfect for summer! I love the idea of a t-shirt cardi.
8. Laikini Cardigan by Sewrella: The stitch used for this light weight cardigan are just beautiful! And that blue <3
9. Poppy Cardigan by Maria's Blue Crayon: This oversized cardi looks so comfy!
10. Riverbend Cardigan by Moogly: Another t-shirt style cardi that I am totally in love with! I think the pockets are great and also very useful.
11. Cozy Blanket Cardigan by Mama in a Stitch: This one looks perfect for wearing curled up on the couch drinking hot chocolate, coffee, or tea.
12. The Campfire Cardigan by Make and Do Crew: The construction of this one is so interesting! I love that it uses hexagons.
13. Heartland Cardi by Maria's Blue Crayon: Remember that since you are making your own garment, you are allowed to play with sleeve length. That's what Maria did with this 3/4 sleeve cardi pattern!
14. Snow Angel Cardigan by Hopeful Honey: This knee length cardi looks like something warm and cozy for winter weather.
15. Easy Crochet Vest by Wilmade: I love that she thought to add a zipper to this! Makes it look like it came from a store, but better!
More Free Crochet Patterns You'll Love
Find all FREE CROCHET PATTERNS here
This post contains affiliate links. I receive a small commission for any purchases made through these links at no additional charge to you.