I know, I know...Earth Day was last weekend. BUT in my defense I have a newborn and a 3 year old to distract me right now. Regardless, shouldn't every day be Earth Day? I think so! Reusable bags and market totes are perfect summer projects! They are light weight, easily portable, often require just one skein of yarn, and the best part is that they are super functional. I love making things that I will actually use! Here are 10 free crochet patterns for reusable totes and bags that you can use at your local farmer's markets, grocery store, library (for books), or even just quick trips to the park or beach.
There are so many ways to crochet a reusable bag and this collection of patterns includes 10 of my favorites. I love how eco-friendly reusable bags are, and they are becoming more and more the norm to use when shopping. A lot of stores even offer an incentive if you bring your own bags for groceries, AND you get to show off your crochet skills. It's really a win, win all around 😉
1. Manhatten Market Tote by Mama in a Stitch: My favorite things about this tote? It uses a bulky yarn and P hook so it will work up SUPER quickly! I also love that the bottom of the tote is a solid stitch to make sure nothing falls through while you are carrying it.
2. Finger Crochet Market Tote by Make and Do Crew: The ULTIMATE portable summer project. No need to keep track of your hook for this one - all you need is your fingers 🙂
3. The Roxy Bag by Maria's Blue Crayon: I adore the color combo of this bag, and the braided tie is the perfect accent! Of course you can use whatever colors you have around - this would be a great scrap buster project.
4. Star Pop Bag by Left in Knots: And speaking of color combos...this bag pattern will take care of your color work for you! This is a one skein crochet pattern and all you need is a cake of Bernat Pop yarn (or your favorite worsted weight yarn) to make it.
5. Vintage Market Tote by The Lavender Chair: Bernat Maker Home Dec yarn was made for crocheted tote bags. It is so sturdy and shows beautiful stitch definition! If you love classic and vintage-style patterns this tote bag is for you!
6. Market Tote by Little Monkeys Crochet: There are many ways to embellish a market tote, and the buttons on this free pattern are so perfect! Grab your favorite worsted weight yarn for this one 🙂
7. Illusions Tote Bag by Left in Knots: Remember when I said that Bernat Maker Home Dec is a perfect yarn for crochet tote bags? Here is more proof! The color play and handle attachment on this free pattern make this bag stand out.
8. The Farmer's Market Bag by Megmade with Love: The name of this free pattern says it all. This farmhouse inspired crochet pattern is a perfect, sturdy companion to come along with you for all of your Farmer's Market shopping this summer and fall.
9. Moroccan Market Tote by Moogly: If the Moroccan Tiles stitch has been on your list of things to learn, this tote bag would be a great place to start! Look at all the color options you can play with 🙂
10. Mini Market Bag by Left in Knots: This beginner-friendly pattern is a perfect stash buster project. It takes just one skein of yarn, and the bag is perfect as a tote or even as a gift bag!
More Free Crochet Patterns You'll Love
Find all FREE CROCHET PATTERNS here
This post contains affiliate links. I receive a small commission for any purchases made through these links at no additional charge to you.