I don't know about you, but after Memorial Day Weekend I really feel like summer is here! Time for trips to the lake, working in the garden, playing outside (with these super fabulous Crochet Water Balloons), and grilling on the deck. But sometimes mother nature just doesn't cooperate with our best laid plans, and that's where crocheting comes in! Today I have gathered up an eclectic collection of fun, fast and free crochet patterns for you to make on the next rainy day you are stuck inside.
Fast crochet projects can be so satisfying! Don't get me wrong, I love the accomplishment of completing a big project, but every so often I want something that I can sit down, make and enjoy the very same day. I'm not the only one, because a lot of my favorite designers have made projects like this too! Here are some of my favorites:
1. Mason Jar Cover by Little Monkeys Crochet: This free mason jar cover patterns opens up a whole new world of possible ways to use mason jars. Make them into a pretty vase, or even use it as a way to 'gift wrap' home canned goodies for your friends and family.
2. Crochet Air Plant Pot by Whistle and Ivy: What better way to brighten up a rainy day than by bringing some greenery inside? These bright little air plant pots are a fun and fast project to add to your decor.
3. Crochet Pineapple Planter by Sewrella: Can't get your hands on an air plant? Try this cute crochet pineapple planter with a low maintenance succulent instead!
4. Succulent Stacker by Left in Knots: And speaking of succulents, this tiered succulent stacker is another fun way to bring some green inside on a rainy day. This would also be a fun project to make for growing herbs in your kitchen!
5. Crochet Cacti by Repeat Crafter Me: No green thumb? Then you can't go wrong with these crochet cacti! And I mean...common....cacti and corgis were clearly made for each other 😉
6. Crochet Dried Lavender Sachets by Make and Do Crew: For those of you who *really* don't have a green thumb, this is the project for you! All you have to do is kill some flowers 🙂 Crushed, dried lavender smells so nice, and these crocheted sachets would be great for every room in your house. If you can't leave the house because it's raining...at least it will smell nice!
7. Crochet Flower Coaster by Maria's Blue Crayon: One more way to do plants without really doing plants! These flower coasters are sure to work up quickly and make sipping that summer drink indoors a bit more enjoyable.
8. Ice Cream Cone Keychain by The Friendly Red Fox: Missing the ice cream truck instead of the summer foliage? These little ice cream cone keychains would be fun to work up in a variety of different "flavors"
9. Infinity I-Cord Bracelet by The Stitchin' Mommy: Cheer yourself up with this quick and delicate bracelet! You could make these in every color, all in one day if you wanted to 🙂
10. Stretchy Bracelets by Crochet Kim: And don't forget the kiddos! I bet they would love a collection of these stretchy bracelets in bright colors!
I LOVE seeing your projects! Come share pictures of your work in my Left in Knots Crochet Community 🙂 If you are looking for more free patterns from me, you can find over 100 on Ravelry here!
This post contains affiliate links. I receive a small commission for any purchases made through these links at no additional charge to you.